Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: How do I prepare the entire box of mashed potatoes?
- Answer: 15.3 oz. package yields 20 (1/2 cup) servings
In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water, 1/2 cup margarine, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups milk and entire package of potato flakes. Whip with large spoon until potatoes are desired consistency.
26.7 oz. package yields 34 (1/2 cup) servings
In a large saucepan, bring 10 cups water, 1 cup margarine, and 1 tablespoon salt to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 4 1/2 cups milk and entire package of potato flakes. Whip with large spoon until potatoes are desired consistency.
- Question: What can I add to my mashed potatoes to make them extra-special?
- Answer: For a special touch, quickly stir in any of these ingredients after cooking: grated Parmesan cheese; shredded Cheddar cheese; crumbled, cooked bacon; sour cream; corn; or french-fried onions.
- Question: How can I make my mashed potatoes more creamy?
- Answer: For creamier texture, stir in a little more milk than what is called for. For stiffer mashed potatoes, add a few more potato flakes.
- Question: How can I prepare mashed potatoes for my toddler?
- Answer: Bring 3 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons water just to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons potato flakes. Let stand 30 seconds or until liquid is absorbed. Whip with fork until potatoes are desired consistency. Cool slightly.
- Question: Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes are made from what kind of potato?
- Answer: 100% real russet potatoes.
- Question: Do you have other recipes that use Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes?
- Answer: For more recipes, click here.