- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter plus 2 tsps., divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes, flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup chunky style salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Additional chunky style salsa (optional)
- Bring water and 3 tablespoons butter to a rolling boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and potato flakes with fork until well blended. Set aside.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in chicken, taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup salsa. Bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and prepared potatoes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup potato mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Roll up. Top with lettuce and additional salsa, if desired.
- Yield: 8 burritos
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min