- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine potato flakes, corn, Cheddar cheese, flour, cornmeal, seasoned salt, basil, garlic powder and pepper in large bowl. Mix well. Add milk and egg. Mix well. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet.
- Press carefully to form 3-inch rounds. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Transfer to serving platter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Repeat with remaining butter and potato mixture as necessary.
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired