Per serving: 260 calories, 8g fat (3g sat. fat), 15mg cholesterol, 40g carbohydrate, 480mg sodium, 4g fiber, 6g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1-1/3 cups Hungry Jack Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 pound frozen mixed vegetables, peas & carrots, corn, mixed peppers, or favorite combination (about 3-1/2 cups), OR 2 cans (15 oz. each) vegetables, well drained
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Refresh hashbrown potatoes according to package directions. Squeeze out any excess liquid from carton. Stir with a fork to blend seasonings.
- Rinse frozen vegetables in a colander with hot water until thawed, about 30 seconds.
- Combine potato flakes, water, milk, diced onion, butter, salt and pepper in a microwave-safe 9 x 9 or 8 x 8-inch casserole dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Stir with a fork and mix in sour cream if desired.
- Stir vegetables and 3/4 of the refreshed hashbrowns into mashed potatoes.
- Add oil to the remaining hashbrowns in carton; mix well. Spread evenly over top of casserole and fluff lightly with a fork.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until top is golden brown and casserole is heated through.
Follow steps 1-3. In step 4, heat water, butter, onion and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in potato flakes, milk and sour cream (if desired). Add vegetables and 3/4 of the refreshed hashbrowns; stir to combine. Spread mixture in a 9 x 9 or 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Continue with steps 6 and 7.
Add 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles and/or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.