Chili Cheese Shepherd’s Pie
- 1-1/3 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope chili seasoning, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) chili beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese, divided
- Brown ground beef or turkey with the onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add all but 1 teaspoon of the chili seasoning and mix well.
- Set remaining seasoning mix aside.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans and corn. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer while making potatoes.
- Bring water, salt and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and potato flakes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Place chili mixture into greased 2-quart casserole. Carefully spread mashed potatoes on top of chili. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and reserved chili seasoning. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.