Crispy Chicken with Maple/Dijon Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 pound chicken tenders (approximately 12 pieces)
- Black Pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Combine pancake mix and chicken stock in a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces and set aside.
- Put mashed potato flakes in a large plate.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add batter-covered chicken one by one to potato flakes, coating well on both sides. Fry coated chicken, two or three at a time, in hot oil till golden on both sides. Use tongs for ease of use.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Repeat process till all chicken pieces are fried.
- Meanwhile, mix syrup, honey, and mustard until well combined.
- Serve chicken on a platter with the dipping sauce in the center. Enjoy!