- 1-1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups frozen cut broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add onion and garlic to pan, stirring about 2 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet, draining any fat. Crumble cooled bacon and set aside.
- Combine onion and garlic, broccoli and chicken broth in large saucepan. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in potato flakes. Reduce heat to low. Gradually stir in milk. Add cheese and crumbled bacon. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Sprinkle each serving with minced parsley.