- 2 Cartons Hungry Jack Black Pepper and Onion Hashbrowns
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Large Carrot
- ½ Cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 Cups Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Rehydrate hashbrowns according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion.
- Peel and chop carrot.
- Add carrot and peas to ground beef near the end of the browning process.
- Stir in cornstarch, and quickly add water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook until gravy thickens (this should only take a minute or two).
- Spread hashbrowns into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour hamburger/gravy mixture over top.
- Place in center of oven, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes before serving.