- 2-1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium coarsely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 (12 oz.) jar home-style beef gravy
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion. Cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Set aside 12 peas for garnish. Add remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes and gravy to meat mixture. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Bring water, butter, salt and garlic powder to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add milk. Stir in potato flakes and cheese. Add egg. Blend well.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) or oval (2-1/2-quart) glass baking dish. With large spoon, make 6 mounds of potato mixture on top of beef mixture to resemble ghosts. Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.