- 2 packs Hungry Jack Black Pepper and Onion Hashbrowns
- 1 big eggplant, sliced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 Cup shredded melting cheese (I used low fat Mexican blend)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare Hungry Jack Hashbrowns according to the package
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and sauté hashbrowns until crispy and golden brown, set aside.
- While hashbrowns are browning, roast sliced eggplant in the oven for 20 minutes, set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in pan, sauté onion until translucent, add in ground beef and sauté for another 5 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Add in chopped celery, chopped red bell pepper and all the spices. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat an 8X8 oven safe dish with non stick spray, layer ⅓ of hashbrowns at the bottom of the dish, layer ½ of eggplants and ½ of ground beef mixture and ⅓ Cup cheese.
- Repeat with hashbrowns, eggplants, ground beef mixture and cheese. The last layer is hashbrowns and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with some arugula and tomatoes.