- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil OR 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 evaporated Milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, cooking one minute more. Cool. Crumble ground chuck into medium bowl. Add onion and garlic mixture, milk, potato flakes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Gently combine the ingredients well. Shape meat into four oval patties. Refrigerate.
- Combine apple butter and ketchup with a whisk until well blended. Cover and set aside.
- Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°F). Grill burgers 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Toast bread, if desired (see note). Brush burgers with glaze during last several minutes of cooking. Place a meat patty on each roll bottom, top with additional apple butter-ketchup glaze, if desired, and the roll top.
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 French bread baguette, cut lengthwise, then cut into into 4 pieces crosswise
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup