- 1 package (4.9 oz.) Hungry Jack® Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (2 oz.) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
- Place potato slices, cooked bacon, sauerkraut and pimientos in ungreased 2 to 2-1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine sauce mix, water, milk, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, celery seed, pepper and reserved bacon drippings in 2-quart saucepan. Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour sauce over potato mixture in casserole dish. Stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken sauce. Stir before serving.