Hungry Jack® Potato Pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot, optional
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- No-stick cooking spray
- Heat griddle or skillet to medium-high heat (375°F). Combine flour, potato flakes, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix well. In medium bowl, combine half-and-half, oil and eggs. Beat well. Add to dry ingredients. Stir just until large lumps disappear (batter will be somewhat lumpy). Stir in carrot, if desired, and onion.
- Spray griddle with no-stick cooking spray. For each pancake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle. Turn when edges look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface.