Per Samosa: 90 calories, 1g fat (0g sat. fat), <5mg cholesterol, 17g carbohydrate, 125mg sodium, 1g fiber, 3g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- Mix flour and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Stir in yogurt to make a smooth dough. Cover and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Stir together potatoes, 1 cup hot tap water, sugar and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and next 7 ingredients (garlic through cayenne). Cook and stir until onion is softened, about five minutes.
- Combine onion mixture with potatoes and peas.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 21 pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll into balls; flatten to 3-1/2 inch diameter circles on a floured surface. Place 1-1/2 tablespoons filling on one side of dough; brush edges of dough with water. Fold to make a half circle. Set on baking sheet and press edges tightly closed with a fork.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Turn samosas over and bake additional 10 minutes.