- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Add water to the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns according to package instructions.
- Chop steak and onions.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Sauté steak, onion, garlic, and mushrooms over high heat until onions are translucent and meat is almost fully cooked.
- Chop tomatoes and place in the steak mixture along with the salt, stir until tomatoes are just cooked.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Layer your hashbrowns into a cast iron skillet, forming a bowl shape.
- For crispy hashbrowns under your filling, place skillet in oven while you make the biscuit batter.
- To make the biscuit topper, mix dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and liquids in another.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet in 1/3 increments; stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Fill the hashbrown “bowl” with the completely drained steak filling mixture.
- Form biscuits into balls and drop on top of the steak filling, evenly spaced.
- When oven is preheated, place the skillet into the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked all the way through and hashbrown edges are crispy.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool to the touch, serve, and enjoy!.