- Dozen Cookies
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes OR 1 package (3.75 oz.) Hungry Jack® Premium Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Additional sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugar, brown sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl until smooth. Add flour, potato flakes, baking soda and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in coconut and nuts. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Place on wire rack to cool.