- Dozen Appetizers
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or chipotle chile powder or to taste
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp or smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen super sweet corn (2-1/4 cups), defrosted
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mix potato flakes, corn meal, garlic salt and cayenne in medium bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons green onion for garnish. Blend in remaining onions, milk, cheese and corn.
- Scoop into about sixty 1-inch balls, gently flattening into 1 1/2-inch patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with no-stick cooking spray. Pan fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with a tiny dollop of sour cream and a few slices of green onion on each, if desired.