- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Sloppy Joe sandwich sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F. In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in flour. Add sandwich sauce and corn. Mix well. Reduce heat. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and corn is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in potato flakes until well blended. Add garlic salt, pepper, sour cream and egg. Mix well.
- Spoon beef mixture into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole. Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are set. Sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Let stand 5 minutes before serving to thicken sauce.
- Chopped parsley