Salsa Potato Patties
- 1-1/4 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa, plus more for topping if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine potato flakes, cheese, flour, garlic salt, cilantro or parsley and baking powder in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Beat egg with fork in small bowl. Stir in milk and salsa. Add to potato mixture. Stir just until combined. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. If potatoes need to be stiffer, stir in a few more potato flakes.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet. Spread each to form a 4-inch round. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm, topped with additional salsa and sour cream if desired.
- Sour cream
- Chunky salsa