This Policy describes how we treat personal information on the websites where it is located.
It also applies to mobile versions of our sites. By interacting with us, you consent to these practices.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU.
We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your name and email address if you contact us or sign up for our email newsletter. We may also collect your phone number or mailing address.
We collect payment information. For example, we collect your credit card number if you make a purchase.
We collect demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may also collect your location or zip code. We might collect this when you engage with our websites.
We collect information you submit or post. For example, we collect information you submit to us to enter a promotion. We also collect information if you contact us.
We collect other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
We collect information directly from you. For example, we may collect information if you register with us or enter a promotion. We also collect information if you contact us.
We collect information passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way.
We get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may share information about you with us. Social media platforms may also give us information.
We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
WE USE INFORMATION AS DISCLOSED AND DESCRIBED HERE.
We may use your information to perform services on behalf of the Company. For example, we might us the information to maintain or service your accounts, provide customer service, to process or fulfill orders, to verify your information, and to process payments.
We use your information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our website and promotions better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use your information for security purposes. We may use your information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites.
We use your information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about new promotions and special offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If you register with us, we’ll enroll you in our email newsletter. To manage this, read the choices section below.
WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES.
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with companies who help us send emails or operate our sites. We also share information with companies that help us run a promotion.
We will share information if you are a winner of a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion. For example, we may share your information if you win a sweepstakes or contest as part of a winner’s list. We may also publish this winner’s list publicly.
We may share your information with our business partners. For example, we might share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion. These partners may send you information about events and products by mail or email.
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a promotion.
We may share information with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may include user information as part of that transaction.
We may share information for other reasons we describe to you from time to time.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN RIGHTS AND CHOICES ABOUT SHARING AND MARKETING PRACTICES.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us or go to our Do Not Sell Our Information page. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
If you reside in California, you have a number of additional rights. We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice. If you are a California resident, your rights are detailed as follows:
- You have the right to request disclosure of our data collection and sales practices in connection with your personal information, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the source of the information, our use of the information and, if the information was disclosed or sold to third parties, the categories of personal information disclosed or sold to third parties and the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed or sold.
- You have the right to request a copy of the specific personal information collected about you during the 12 months before your request. You may make this request twice in a 12-month period. If you make such a request, we will need to collect information from you in order to verify your identity. We will respond to such a request within 45 days. You may make this request at https://hungryjpotatoe.wpengine.com/do-not-sell-my-personal-information/ or 888-994-5434.
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- You have the right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties; and
- You have the right not to be discriminated against because you exercised any of these rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
THESE SITES AND CHILDREN.
Our sites and apps where this policy is found are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
WE USE STANDARD SECURITY MEASURES.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and are located in the United States.
If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
WE MAY LINK TO OTHER SITES OR HAVE THIRD PARTY SERVICES ON OUR SITE WE DON’T CONTROL.
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS.
You can also write to us or call at:
Hungry Jack Potatoes
2999 Oak Road, Suite 800
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Phone: (888) 994-5434
If you have any questions about this Policy or want to correct or update your information, please email us at email@example.com.
WE MAY UPDATE THIS POLICY.
On an annual basis, we will update our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.© 2019 Basic American Foods All rights reserved.