Per serving: 290 calories, 19.2g fat (6.4g sat. fat), 208mg cholesterol, 16g carbohydrate, 690mg sodium, 1g fiber, 12.2g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Original Hashbrown Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil such as safflower or canola
- 6 slices American cheese, each slice cut into four quarters
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped bacon (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hot water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain very well. Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl and mix in the oil.
- Scoop potatoes into each muffin cup, forming a nest. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl. Heat a large non-stick skillet. Melt the butter in the pan, add the eggs and gently cook over low heat, stirring and breaking up any large curds. Cook eggs for 5 minutes, or until creamy and soft enough to easily scoop with a spoon. Season to taste with salt. Place two small cheese squares in the potato-lined muffin cup and top with about a tablespoon of the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle each muffin cup with chopped bacon.
- Bake nests for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Gently run a butter knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen. Allow nests to cool for 5 minutes then remove from pan and serve.