- 2 cartons Hungry Jack Original Hashbrowns
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Hydrate hashbrowns according to package directions
- Add re-hydrated hashbrowns to a medium bowl and toss with melted butter. Reserve 1 Cup of hashbrowns. Press remaining hashbrowns into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 x13 inch baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes while you prepare the filling, or until hashbrowns are just becoming golden brown.
- To make the filling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook a minute or two more.
- Whisk chicken broth into skillet, then stir in cream. Continue stirring and bring to a simmer to thicken sauce. Stir in chicken, vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in 1/2 Cup of cheddar cheese.
- Remove crust from oven. Pour chicken filling over crust. Sprinkle remaining hashbrowns and remaining cheddar cheese over filling. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 2 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 4 Cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2-3 Cups frozen vegetables, thawed (peas, carrots, corn, etc.)
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley