- Potato Cups
- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeño pepper, optional
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Prepare hashbrowns according to steps 1 and 2 on package instructions. Drain well. Divide 1/4 cup oil evenly among 12 muffin cups. Place pan in oven 2 minutes to heat oil.
- Mix together hashbrowns, 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Place about 1/4 cup of potato mixture into each hot muffin cup, pressing on the bottom and sides to form a cup. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Add jalapeño, if desired. Cook until vegetables are soft. Divide evenly among potato-lined muffin cups.
- Whisk eggs until foamy. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture in cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are crispy around the edges. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Mix together sour cream, chives, salt and pepper in small bowl. Run a knife around the potato cup edges to remove from pan. Serve with Chive Sour Cream.
Chive Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste