- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Original Hashbrowns
- 1 Yellow Onion, small, sliced
- 10 White Button Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Large pinch of Red Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 Large pinch of Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under “Pico de Gallo” to a small mixing bowl. Mix well until combined. Keep refrigerated until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and once hot add the sliced onion. Add a portion of the garlic salt, cumin powder and chili powder and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the sliced mushroom to the pan along with the remaining salt, cumin powder and chili powder. Sauté in medium-high flame until the onion and mushroom is wilted and about 75% cooked. Turn off the flame.
- Prepare the Hungry Jack Hashbrowns as per the instructions on the box. Take about 1/2 Cup of the hashbrown mixture and add it to a flat griddle. Drizzle oil around the edges and gently press with a spatula to a round. Cook for about 3-4 mins on one side until golden. Flip the hashbrown and let the other side brown for a couple of mins. Repeat with the other hashbrown. Keep aside.
- Place one tortilla on the griddle or quesadilla maker. Add the shredded cheese on top of the tortilla. Add some of the sautéed onion and mushrooms.
- Place one of the hashbrowns on top. On top of the hashbrown, add some more cheese. Cover it with an another tortilla. Cook both sides until they are golden brown and the cheese inside has melted. Transfer to a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to cut them up.
- Serve hot along with sour cream and homemade pico de gallo.
Pico De Gallo
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Yellow Onion
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Tomato
- 1/4 Cup de-seeded finely chopped Jalapeño
- Large Pinch of Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro leaves, chopped