Per serving: 430 calories, 19g fat (7.5g sat. fat), 175mg cholesterol, 19g carbohydrate, 1220mg sodium, 2g fiber, 46g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Original Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1/2 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small seeded and finely chopped Serrano chile
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk, buttermilk, half and half, or sour cream
- 3 pounds lean ground beef, or 1 pound each ground beef, pork and veal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Stir together next 9 ingredients (onion through milk) in a large bowl.
- Mix in meat and half the potatoes with a wooden spoon or hands just until blended. (Refrigerate remaining potatoes in covered container for up to two days. Brown in a skillet before serving.)
- Shape meat into two loaves about 8×3-inches each. Place several inches apart on prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until brown and internal temperature is 170°F.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.