Beef Stew with Herbed Potato Dumplings
- 7 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cans (14 oz.) beef broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen vegetables for stew
- Combine 3 tablespoons flour and seasoned salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes. Seal and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook until well browned on all sides. Add 2-1/2 cups beef broth, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in frozen vegetables. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Whisk together remaining beef broth and remaining flour in small bowl. Add to stew, stirring until gravy thickens.
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Whisk eggs and water in medium bowl. Stir in potato flakes until moistened. Add pancake mix, green onion, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer over low heat 13 to 16 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.