- 1 box of Hungry Jack® Cheesy Hashbrowns (4.2 oz)
- 1 Chicken Breast, chopped into small pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1.5 Cups milk
- 3-4 Tbsp Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
- 2 1/4 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup peas
- 1 Cup cooked pasta
- Cook pasta as per package directions and set aside once cooked
- Fill the box with hot water up to the level mentioned on the box. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then make sure there is no excess water left.
- Heat oven to 400ºF and add oil in a baking dish.
- Mix hashbrowns with shredded cheese, salt & pepper. Transfer these onto an oiled baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- While hashbrowns are getting ready, get the sauce ready.
- In a skillet, add oil.
- Add chopped carrots & onions along with a pinch of salt. Cook until softened. Add flour and stir until raw smell of flour is gone.
- Add milk while continuously stirring
- Add salt and pepper. Keep cooking until it gets thick.
- Turn off the gas and add buffalo sauce & cheese mix.
- Fold in chopped chicken, peas, cooked pasta and mix.
- Once the hashbrowns are done, pull them out of the oven. Scoop out hashbrowns just leaving enough to make a base or a bed for the cheesy mixture in the pan. Top the bed of hashbrowns with this mixture and then cover with the remaining hashbrowns.
- Cook at 350ºF for 15 – 17 minutes. Top the hashbrowns with 2 Cups shredded cheese and turn the oven to broiler setting.
- Broil the dish until cheese is bubbling & melty. By this time chicken should be cooked throughout too.
- Serve just as it is with a salad or drizzled with blue cheese dressing!