Per serving (Original): 330 calories, 20g fat (6.0g sat. fat), 35mg cholesterol, 27g carbohydrate, 920mg sodium, 2g fiber, 11g protein.
Per serving (Cheesy): 320 calories, 19g fat (5.5g sat. fat), 35mg cholesterol, 26g carbohydrate, 1040mg sodium, 2g fiber, 12g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Flamin’ Cajun Skillet
Cook this up over the fire the next time you go camping!
- 1 carton (4.2oz) Hungry Jack® Original or Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced Andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup prepared Creole sauce*
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8 X 8-inch baking pan.
- Refresh potatoes by adding hot water to the fill line. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a non stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet.
- Cook on one side only until the edges are golden.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking pan.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet, heat and add the celery, onions and green bell pepper. Cook until softened and arrange over the potatoes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and cook until hot. Arrange over the onions/ peppers.
- Spoon the sauce over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all and bake until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green onions over all.
*Shortcut to make a Creole sauce: Mix ½ cup of mild salsa and ½ teaspoon of Creole seasoning mix to taste.