Per serving (Original): 330 calories, 20g fat (6.0g sat. fat), 35mg cholesterol, 27g carbohydrate, 920mg sodium, 2g fiber, 11g protein.
Per serving (Cheesy): 320 calories, 19g fat (5.5g sat. fat), 35mg cholesterol, 26g carbohydrate, 1040mg sodium, 2g fiber, 12g protein.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cook this up over the fire the next time you go camping!
- 1 carton (4.2oz) Hungry Jack® Original or Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced Andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup prepared Creole sauce*
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8 X 8-inch baking pan.
- Refresh potatoes by adding hot water to the fill line. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a non stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet.
- Cook on one side only until the edges are golden.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking pan.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet, heat and add the celery, onions and green bell pepper. Cook until softened and arrange over the potatoes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and cook until hot. Arrange over the onions/ peppers.
- Spoon the sauce over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all and bake until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green onions over all.
*Shortcut to make a Creole sauce: Mix ½ cup of mild salsa and ½ teaspoon of Creole seasoning mix to taste.