Spanish-Style Potato Croquettes with Smoked Paprika Aioli
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Asiago cheese
- 2 to 3 ounces chopped Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 cups dried bread crumbs (plain)
- Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, for deep frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine water, butter and garlic salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and mashed potato flakes. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg.
- Fold in cheese, ham and green onion.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, form potato mixture into fat cylinders or ovals (croquettes).
- Roll in bread crumbs, coating completely. Transfer to baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 360 degrees in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Drop croquettes, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 5 minutes or until golden brown; turning once. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, smoked paprika, garlic and lemon juice in small serving bowl.
- Serve potato croquettes with smoked paprika aioli.